EUCAWS Implementation plan
At ET-13 decision 2016-C was taken: 'Expert Team agrees to buy 2 EUCAWS station in 2016 for capacity building inside E-Surfmar'
Action ET-13 mandated to encourage applications. A form was sent on 27/05/2016 to email@example.com, giving until 30 June 2016. A reminder was sent on 22 June.
2 responses were received, for 2 units to be purchased in 2016.
The implementation plan is the following
- Participants interested in EUCAWS (who have signed the cooperation agreement) send their orders to the manufacturer directly. So far the orders sent are as follows:
- DWD: (2016)
- Météo-France: 5 (2016)
- E-SURFMAR: 2 (2016)
- ET VOS confirms number of stations open for participant applications
- OSM sends invitation to applications
- VOS coordinator notifies ET VOS of the participants who applied for a EUCAWS, so that choices can be approved by the group (no response meaning acceptance)
- VOS coordinator notifies beneficiaries, informing them of way forward:
- Remind that sensors are chosen and purchased/calibrated by NHMS recipient of a EUCAWS
- Indicate the list of sensors which are already supported
- Indicate timeline:
- EUCAWS order sent on 26 July 2016
- For sensors that are not supported:
- Indicate in September 2016 what are those sensors.
- The service that manages E-SURFMAR to respond in October 2016 if they have such sensors in-house for testing
- If not, the institute will have to ship sensors in November 2016.
- EUCAWS to be received by the service that manages E-SURFMAR in October 2016
- EUCAWS to be tested on premises at Météo-France Toulouse in November 2016
- EUCAWS to be shipped to NHMS in December 2016
- Initial start-up at NHMS (on land) in January 2016
==> From this point onwards, the receiving institute will need to make time available for bringing the EUCAWS to their expected level of service, with help of the service that manages E-SURFMAR.
This part is not yet known in details, but it will likely include:
- EUCAWS sensor interface developments at the service that manages E-SURFMAR
- Preliminary testing at NHMS with the sensors, with monitoring of the data, sent on parallel test data flow
- Installation on ship
- Monitoring of first data from ship
- Declaration of ship acceptance
- Activation on the GTS
Subsequent EUCAWS installations are expected to be quicker, if the station set-up is unchanged.