Jump to navigation Jump to search
Data QC tools
Proposed procedure using QIR and S2R
- The data monitoring centre (or other registered data user, or VOS focal point/contact) should send a relay message via JCOMMOPS QIR when a ship data quality issue needs to be resolved.
- This message is relayed to the national VOS focal point/contact for the ship concerned. The message can also be copied to other email addresses if considered necessary.
- The VOS focal point/ contact for the ship concerned takes appropriate action to resolve any problem.
- If considered necessary the VOS focal point/contact for the ship concerned should request assistance overseas by entering the details on Dirkzwager S2R.
- Overseas PMOs (and VOS focal point/contacts) should routinely monitor Dirkzwager S2R within their local area and, if appropriate, arrange a visit to the ship concerned to resolve any problems.
- The visiting PMO (or VOS focal point/contact) should advise the national VOS focal point/contact of the ship concerned that the problem has been resolved.
- The national VOS focal point/contact for the ship concerned (or PMO is so delegated) should then remove the alert from Dirkzwager S2R.
- The national VOS focal point/contact for the ship concerned (or PMO is so delegated) should also add a comment on JCOMMOPS QIR to advise that the problem has been resolved.