VOS-TAG Working Plan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WORKING PROGRAMME (2004-2005)
- Members to implement Turbowin on ships which are not equipped with AWS systems as often as possible. Version 3.5 will be available soon (August 2004) on the Turbowin website. Upgrades to be installed as appropriate.
- Programme Manager to report on the development of the installment of BATOS systems on VOS operated by other participants than Meteo-France.
- Programme Manager to provide members with QC results such as monthly gross errors and RMS of differences with models outputs for Air Pressure measurements, sorted by EUCOS members and subsets of ships (Turbowin users, auxiliary ships vs selected ships,…).
- Programme Manager to provide a blacklist of ships reporting bad wind measurements.
- DWD to discuss on the technical requirements, the budget and the allowance of DWD so as to consider the possibility for the German VOS metadata base to become the EUCOS VOS metadata base.
- Members to monthly provide the EUCOS-VOS responsible with updated lists of the ships they operate, by waiting the existence of a EUCOS VOS metadata base.
- VOS Responsible to provide the WMO secretariat with an update list of the VOS operated by EUMETNET members on a quarterly basis.
- Programme Manager to distribute by email the modifications of the format metadata publication No 47 proposed by an ad hoc working group to WMO.
- Météo-France to develop a Web site for the VOS component of E-SURFMAR.
- Members to provide the VOS Manager with information on the methods of rewards and awards usually done in their countries in order to present them in a synthetic report. VOS Responsible to send an email to participants to precise the requested information and a deadline.
- Members to provide the VOS Manager with a list of standard instruments commonly used in their countries in order to prepare a synthetic report. VOS Responsible to send an email to participants to precise the requested information and a deadline.
- VOS Responsible to prepare a document on the different way the VOS data are reported onto the GTS and the related costs participants pay. Programme Manager to send an email to participants to precise the requested information and a deadline.
- Programme Manager to continue to inform PB-OBS about the willingness of participants to find a more equitable funding of the transmission costs.
- Participants to find bilateral arrangements for communication costs by waiting a more equitable funding.
- VOS Responsible to collect bulletin headers used to report VOS data from participants on the GTS and to make this information available on the E-SURFMAR website.
- Programme Manager to report on the feasibility of reducing the communication costs and possible ongoing developments.
- KNMI to circulate by email a proposition on the use of BUFR format for VOS.
- DWD to tentatively organize a PMO workshop in connection with the WMO PMO workshop. These could be held in June or September 2005 in Hamburg.